Simple instructions for Google’s Tablet owners – Reset your tablet to Factory default settings
There are a number of reasons why you may need to do this, it could be due to a virus causing problems, or maybe you just downloaded so much stuff the performance is effected or maybe a problem occurred when flashing a Rom and stopped your N7 working properly
Warning: The reset will wipe your hard drive, so please make sure you back up all important documents, media and apps, Google drive can be used to backup documents, media. Your apps are automatically saved their anyway.
Method #1 This is the method to use if you can still load up nexus 7 operating system menus, people may use this to wipe all the saved data to start fresh again or if the nexus 7 is infected with a virus and antivirus apps are not able to remove it,
1. Open up your apps list and go to Settings > Backup & Reset which is under the Personal section
2. Press Factory Data Reset
3. Press Reset Tablet
4. If the device is password protected, it will prompt you to enter your password, pin, or pattern, etc. Press Erase Everything to finish
Method #2 So your nexus 7 is not loading at all, not to worry a hard reset is still possible in this state, follow the instructions below,
1. Turn off the device if it is turned on
2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power Button at the same time for about three to four seconds to turn the device on, if done correctly you’ll see an Android lying on its back
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to the Recovery Mode option, and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
4. The device will restart, and after a few minutes the device should boot to a screen showing an Android with a red triangle, press and hold the Power Button and Volume Up on this screen
5. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the Power Button to confirm your choice
6. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Yes and click and wait for reboot. Job done!