Please be aware downloads of pirated material is illegal and not recommended, there are many legal torrents that can accessed too
By far the best way I’ve found to download and watch free movie’s on your Nexus is by downloading them from torrent websites,
In case you didn’t know Torrents are small files containing information about where to download pieces of larger files (Movies) from, once you select the torrent file then your Bit Torrent Client will open and start downloading the movie from a number of places and assembling the pieces back into the movie on your tablet’s memory.
These torrent files are not localized in one place and instead are peer to peer file sharing between thousands of users meaning your downloading the pieces of a movie from many different users at once, (Seeders).
Instructions for free movie downloads on the Nexus tablet
- What you will need is an Android bit torrent client, one of the best ones available is aTorrent,
- Download and install aTorrent or equivalent client (Be aware a number of torrent clients available are only for linking your tablet to the PC torrent client)
- Now you need to access the torrent files to download, so open up your android internet browser of choice and google ‘Kickass torrents’ and click on the google link (Should be number 1 result), note: this is one of many hundreds of torrent websites you can use, (28th July – recently uk internet providers are blocking access to torrent websites however you can find proxy websites meaning they are the same site but not blocked. Eg sesrch for “kickass proxy”.
- Simply do a search on the torrent website for the movie you want to download or select the genre you wish to watch and click the download link, IMPORTANT: The main download link does not always work when downloading to android devices, however the ‘Magnet’ link beside it in the kickass website does so i recommend always clicking that.
- Select aTorrent when asked for app to download torrent and wait for download to complete,
- Once completed you can access the download in aTorrent, buts its a good idea to get a file explorer app, a good one is Astro, find ‘adownloader’ the folder where aTorrent downloads to, for astro users open this app and select ‘SD card usage’ you should see the folder in that directory.
- If you only have the Jelly Bean stock movie player then you will probably want to download MX player, this will play most Movie file formats.
Tip: once the torrent is downloaded leave open to allow people to download pieces from you.